Transport Rule For GMail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have Exchange Server 2007 and we defined a transport rule to prevent domain users to send mail to GMail accounst by defining rule "when header "To" Contains "@gmail.com". But it did not work. When we only remove the "@" character it started to work. Anyone knows why?

Thanks.

Monday, July 24, 2017 6:22 AM

All replies

• Please post the exact and complete rule settings.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, July 24, 2017 8:21 PM
  • Hi, 

If you selected the condition "when the message header contains specific words"?

I tested it in my environment and met the issue you described, so I did the following tests:

1. Set up the rule as "when header "To" Contains "*gmail.com" and also meet the issue.
    2. Select the condition “when the message header matches text patterns” instead of “when the message header contains specific words”, and the message was rejected successfully.

I think issue occurred because the specific words you edit contain “@”, which is a character rather than a word. However, characters can’t be included in this condition.

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by Manu Meng Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Monday, July 31, 2017 12:45 PM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Hi ridvana,

Did you read my last post? Any questions about that?

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 12:47 PM