Hyper-V, Failover cluster and Domain controller on the same host RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I'm planning a stretched cluster architecture for my application.

i must use only two servers and use a separate domain for this system.

is it possible ( and more impotent - is it supported ) to install the domain controller on the same host that is running hyper-v and fail over cluster?

i would prefer to avoid installing an additional virtual machine if possible.

Monday, October 31, 2016 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi

>>is it possible ( and more impotent - is it supported ) to install the domain controller on the same host that is running hyper-v and fail over cluster?

Technically, it is possible.

But it is not recommended to install other roles on domain controller. Also not recommended to mix other roles on Hyper-V host.

For test purpose, you could deploy like that. For production, it is better to install an additional VM or physical machine.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi

>>is it possible ( and more impotent - is it supported ) to install the domain controller on the same host that is running hyper-v and fail over cluster?

Technically, it is possible.

But it is not recommended to install other roles on domain controller. Also not recommended to mix other roles on Hyper-V host.

For test purpose, you could deploy like that. For production, it is better to install an additional VM or physical machine.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates on the issue?

You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:30 AM