none
resource report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys. It's my first time in this forum and I work with Project 2007 for 4 years.

I didnt succeed so far to get from project the reports I really need even though the template is what I need!

For example: the Who does what when doesnt let me choose which period of time I want the report to show. I need a report that shows the hours/month that the resource does it.

Txs for the help.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Ivt95,

Are you using Project Server 2007 version?

In case you are, you typically need to use the OLAP capabilities of Project Server 2007: a timephased view of Project data such as assignments per time periods.

Please find here information:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197625(v=office.12).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197469(v=office.12).aspx

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:49 PM
  • In addition to this, I'll mention that you could use the visual reports, choosing the right Excel template. This will build a local OLAP cube which you can work on in Excel.

Note that Visual Reports do not need Project Server, meaning you can use those reports eventhough you're working on a Project standalone.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:42 PM
  • Are you using Project 2007?  I have moved your post from the Project Online forum as I assumed you were using Project 2007.

Regarding what period of time for the report, you can select the dates to print in the Print dialog when you go to print it.

Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:18 PM
  • Hi I use project 2007 but dont have server, so I suppose this is not good for me, this is why I think the possibilities are very limited.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:02 AM
  • I try all the visual reports with no succeess. Maybe I need more knoweledge how to work out the templates in Excel. I will keep trying.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:04 AM
  • Hi Juie, what I mean is when I ask for a report I cant chose the period time I want. If I ask for 6 months, this is the result I get (see pic attach). I need a report: worked hours/month/resource so I can send to the resources that dont have Project!

I hope there is hope!

Many thanks

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Your picture didn't make it through, so I'm not sure of what the details are.

Have you tried customizing the Resource Usage view by adding start and finish fields, setting the zoom for the right side and printing?

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:55 AM
  • I could not send the picture because it says it cant be send till verify the user, even though I signed in!!

Anyway, your idea works, I will do that.

Thanks a lot :)

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:28 PM
  • Great.  Glad to know the Resource usage view will get you what you need.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:51 PM