none
This PC Desktop Icon RightClick Manage does not give UAC prompt RRS feed

• Question

• When I right click on the "This PC" desktop icon and select "Manage" I do not get a UAC prompt from a non administrator account. This used to work and I can't think of anything that could have changed this.

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleaup-image /scanhealth

All return with no issues

Windows 10/64 (B15063.296-V1703)

How can I fix this problem any ideas please?

Regards Ray

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Did you turn User Account Control (UAC) on? Have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:13 AM
  • UAC works correctly everywhere else and the slider on my system is right at the top - which is the default

Regards Ray

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:44 AM
  • Hi ,

I have tested on my Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296). You are right. This behavior has changed in Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296). If you have any concern about it, you could use the built-in Feedback Hub to submit on your side. We will also submit it to system product team via our internal feedback tool.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Thanks for the confirmation. Feedback Submitted on Insider Feedback as the same thing is happening on B16199 170512-25252

Regards Ray

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:18 AM
  • Hello Rick,

Any news on this issue through your internal feedback hub? The issue is still present in insider build 16278 and there are only very few posts about it in community feedback hub. 

The issue can also be seen when in System properties ans chosing Device Manager, there again, UAC won't prompt you and it opens the device manager with your currently logged on user's permissions.

Thank you.

Monday, October 2, 2017 8:32 PM
  • This doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would break, it seems it was done intentionally.  Why would Microsoft choose to make this change?
    Monday, October 2, 2017 9:49 PM
  • It's still the same in V1709 B16299.0

Regards Ray

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:59 PM