Sizing UAG Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone give me sizing elements to design an UAG architecture (hardware requirements regarding number of supported end points, Application type...)? I only found sizing information for an UAG Direct Access Infrastructure (Forefront UAG DirectAccess performance information http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff723731.aspx), nothing about Web/Apps Publication.

Thank you for your help.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 4:13 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid that information is not publicly available, and for a good reason. The performance of UAG when publishing applications varies greatly, depending on the type of technology used, the application design, the user's usage profile and more. There are so many variables, that there is simply no way to provide an accurate guideline for this. Our recommendation is that you deploy one server to a pilot group of users, and do performance testing over time, as you add more users. Within a week or so, and/or you reach about 100 concurrent users, you should have enough data to extrapolate what server resources your specific deployment would need.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:09 AM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:09 AM