Exchange server 2013, profile of outlook 2016 not finish RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an Exchange server 2013 and the autodiscover works fine when I create an outlook 2013 profile but when I create one outlook 2016 profile for the same user account and in the same machine it does not work at all

Could anyone give me any advice to fix it?

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:10 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 4:35 PM

Answers

• nothing else?

Warm regards MeVs

• Marked as answer by MeVs Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:33 AM

All replies

• This is quite odd but can you try the Test Email AutoConfig?

Open Outlook, then CTRL+Right click the icon of outlook beside the time display on taskbar.
    Test email autoconfiguration,  Then uncheck "Use Guessmart" and "Secure Guessmart Authentication."

Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:17 PM
  • Hi, how are you?

As I noticed that I have an outlook from Office 2016 plus (), I updated it to version Office professional plus 2016 (16.0.12.xxxx).

I want to make it clear that I have not been able to create the profile when I use outlook 2016 with an exchange 2013

But if I test on a computer with outlook 2013, the outlook profile is created

Please your help

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:08 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:01 PM
  • the error I have  when I tried to create outlook profile is

Warm regards MeVs

Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:05 PM
  • This is quite odd but can you try the Test Email AutoConfig?

Open Outlook, then CTRL+Right click the icon of outlook beside the time display on taskbar.
    Test email autoconfiguration,  Then uncheck "Use Guessmart" and "Secure Guessmart Authentication."

I could not have created the outlook 2016 profile in the windows pc.  For that reason, I can not check what you told in the post.

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:12 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:11 PM
  • Sorry.. I wasn't thinking about that. Please try to run outlook with out a mail profile:

Start --> Run --> outlook /PIM NoEmail

Then, CTRL-Right click the sys tray icon.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:58 PM
  • Thank you I will posted the results right now

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 10, 2020 12:42 AM
  • Thank you I will posted the results right now

Warm regards MeVs

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:34 AM

• Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:35 AM

• Warm regards MeVs

• Warm regards MeVs

• Warm regards MeVs

• Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:36 AM

• Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:37 AM

• Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if your Outlook 2016 has installed the latest update. Have you tried starting Outlook in safe mode and disable all the add-ins? Have you tried creating a new profile? Or you can try repairing your Outlook profile.

This article may be helpful for you to troubleshoot this issue https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-can-t-start-microsoft-outlook-or-receive-the-error-cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-cannot-open-the-outlook-window-d1f69da6-b333-4650-97bf-4d77bd7abb85?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:49 AM
  • Thank you posting this. It appears autodiscover is working correctly. One thing I forgot to ask.. Is this client Windows 10 and does it have an internet connection? Not isolated network,etc.
    Friday, January 10, 2020 5:01 PM
  • My client is Windows 10 fully update with not access to internet . In addition, It reach the exchange and the active directory In fact, I have checked twice Finally, outlook 2016 is fully updated too.

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Friday, January 10, 2020 5:07 PM
    Friday, January 10, 2020 5:04 PM
  • OK, you are confirming this client doesn't have an internet connection but local network only? I remember there being an issue with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 account profile login/creation if there was no internet connection. I know this might be a test environment where that might not be possible but let me see if there is a workaround.
    Friday, January 10, 2020 7:32 PM
  • OK, you are confirming this client doesn't have an internet connection but local network only? I remember there being an issue with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 account profile login/creation if there was no internet connection. I know this might be a test environment where that might not be possible but let me see if there is a workaround.

Yes, It has local network only.

Please, send me any update I will be checking the information.

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 10, 2020 11:46 PM
  • If you don't have a default gateway configured on your network adapter, then it may be possible to configure a dummy one (If not 3rd party trusted CA certs):

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bd0743a2-2426-428a-aeff-5846817289b3/outlook-cannot-connect-to-exchange-2013-server-in-closed-network-lab?forum=exchangesvrgeneral

If you do have trusted 3rd party CA certs and the client is on a vlan that is not routable to the internet you will probably have to expose the PC briefly to the internet to get past this point.

Seth

A user just like you

Monday, January 13, 2020 2:54 PM
  • There is certain part of the posts that I did not understand
    I have both scenarios, one with gateway and other without it.
    I have read an URL you posted here, what do I need to do?, maybe I have to create a new VM and assigned as ip address the same gateway IP
    Could you give me a little of clarity here?

Warm regards MeVs

Monday, January 13, 2020 6:03 PM
  • I think I have a clue of what you said. My VMs have Default gateway 192.168.1.1 and outlook profile really works quite well with windows 7 and outlook 2013 But it does not work with windows 10 and office 2016.

Warm regards MeVs

Monday, January 13, 2020 6:55 PM
  • My concern is about windows 10 and outlook 2016.

Any help will be appreciated

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:26 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2020 7:08 PM
  • Is this a complete isolated test environment? Meaning, no routing, all AD/DNS/EX servers and workstations are on the same network? If so, the gist I got from the link I provided was that the default gateway just needed to be set to a responding node like your AD server or Exchange server. If you are routing between networks, then this would kill your routing to AD and DNS if they were on separate networks.

Seth

A user just like you

Monday, January 13, 2020 8:13 PM
  • Hi,

What would you get when running the command:

Get-OrganizationConfig | fl *oauth*
    If false, set to true and see if the issue persists:
    Set-OrganizationConfig -OAuth2ClientProfileEnabled $true

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:52 AM
  • Hi SethWH

" I remember there being an issue with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 account profile login/creation if there was no internet connection. "

Perhaps, do you have the KB article about this issue between Outlook 2016 and Windows 10  when there isn't internet connection?

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:17 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:10 PM
  • Hi MeVs,

Is there any error in the event logs of the client machines? 
    You can refer to this similar thread and try the methods mentioned https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1986413-cannot-create-new-outlook-2016-profile-on-lan

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:07 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Friday, January 24, 2020 8:23 AM
  • Hi Beverly how are you? As soon as I know if the problem was fixed I will tell you

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:39 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2020 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

Please check if your Outlook 2016 has installed the latest update. Have you tried starting Outlook in safe mode and disable all the add-ins? Have you tried creating a new profile? Or you can try repairing your Outlook profile.

This article may be helpful for you to troubleshoot this issue https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-can-t-start-microsoft-outlook-or-receive-the-error-cannot-start-microsoft-office-outlook-cannot-open-the-outlook-window-d1f69da6-b333-4650-97bf-4d77bd7abb85?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Regards,

Beverly Gao

yes it has installed the latest outlook update

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 24, 2020 10:21 PM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Hi Beverly

Do you have the KB article about this issue between Outlook 2016 and Windows 10  when there isn't internet connection?

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 24, 2020 10:23 PM
  • Hi MeVs,

I'm afraid there's no such KB article. How the thing going now?

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:26 AM
  • Hi Beverly,

But how can I support this affirmation?

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, January 31, 2020 3:58 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now? Did you get any errors in your application log?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:23 AM
  • Hi,

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Hi

Have you tried starting Outlook in safe mode?

--> Yes I have

and disable all the add-ins?

--> the is no "add - ins " to disable

Have you tried creating a new profile?

No I couldn't

Or you can try repairing your Outlook profile.

No I cant 

Warm regards MeVs

Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:23 PM
  • Is this a complete isolated test environment? Meaning, no routing, all AD/DNS/EX servers and workstations are on the same network? If so, the gist I got from the link I provided was that the default gateway just needed to be set to a responding node like your AD server or Exchange server. If you are routing between networks, then this would kill your routing to AD and DNS if they were on separate networks.

Seth

A user just like you

This environment has one AD with DNS and Ex wih workstation

Warm regards MeVs

Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:28 PM
  • If all these hosts/clients are on the same isolated network did you try setting the client workstation's default gateway to the Exchange server or DC like suggested in the link? Otherwise you'd have to expose the client to the Internet. Unfortunately, I don't have an official article about this issue but I've only seen it mentioned in the forums I follow.

Seth

A user just like you

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:43 PM
  • Hi,

Regards,

Beverly Gao

My office 2016 I fully updated 

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 5:49 AM
  • If you don't have a default gateway configured on your network adapter, then it may be possible to configure a dummy one (If not 3rd party trusted CA certs):

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bd0743a2-2426-428a-aeff-5846817289b3/outlook-cannot-connect-to-exchange-2013-server-in-closed-network-lab?forum=exchangesvrgeneral

If you do have trusted 3rd party CA certs and the client is on a vlan that is not routable to the internet you will probably have to expose the PC briefly to the internet to get past this point.

Seth

A user just like you

Hi Seth

I replaced Outlook 2016 with Outlook 2010 SP2 fully updated and it connected quite well and created outlook profile

But with Outlook 2016 ( fully updated) it wont work at all.

Do you have any KB from Microsoft that talk about this behavior? 

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:55 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2020 5:52 AM

Seth

A user just like you

this environment has AD, Ex cLT.  In addition, it worked fine with Office 2010 but with Office 2016 wont work

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

What would you get when running the command:

Get-OrganizationConfig | fl *oauth*
    If false, set to true and see if the issue persists:
    Set-OrganizationConfig -OAuth2ClientProfileEnabled $true

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Hi Beverly,

I am testing it right now.

This command "Get-OrganizationConfig | fl *oauth*" showed me this result:

OAuth2lientProfileEnabled :  False

Then I ran this command "Set-OrganizationConfig -OAuth2ClientProfileEnabled $true" and got:

OAuth2lientProfileEnabled :  True 

Then I tested again with an Outlook 2016 and got the same error windows:

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:15 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2020 5:59 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

You can refer to this similar thread and try the methods mentioned https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1986413-cannot-create-new-outlook-2016-profile-on-lan

Regards,

Beverly Gao

In which view from Event Viewer would you like I check?

Please could you tell me

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:18 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Hi Beverly

When I ran this command:

adfind -f "servicePrincipalName=http/mail.domain.local" -gcb

I've got: 0 object returned

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:11 AM

• Hi Beverly
    Till now I was using wireshark and realise that URI has HTTP instead of HTTPS.
    Do you know which would be the reason of it appears with HTTP?
    If you see a different extension from Domain in the screenshot I posted here is because I've recreated the whole laboratory once more time with components like AD EXH W10 clients (build number 1809, 1909) and it remains showing me the same behavior.

I appreciated any help you can give to fix this particular issue

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:55 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:54 PM
  • Hi to all,

Please, any additional comment will be appreciated it

Warm regards MeVs

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:12 AM
  • any ideas?

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, March 6, 2020 12:03 AM
  • Sorry.. I wasn't thinking about that. Please try to run outlook with out a mail profile:

Start --> Run --> outlook /PIM NoEmail

Then, CTRL-Right click the sys tray icon.

does this "outlook /PIM NoEmail" work with Outlook 2016?

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, March 6, 2020 12:05 AM
  • Hi,

Regards,

Beverly Gao

this is the outlook version I've got

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, March 6, 2020 12:07 AM
  • Hi to all,

Please, any additional comment will be appreciated it

Warm regards MeVs

hi anyone there?

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, March 6, 2020 12:19 AM

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Hi

It can't be resolved

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, March 6, 2020 5:29 AM
  • Hi

After I tried to create a new outlook 2016 profile it suddenly close.
    I found a KB article which tell me a troubleshoot for this issue

Outlook 2016 crashes when creating a new profile
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3119083/outlook-2016-crashes-when-creating-a-new-profile

So, now I have a credential windows that appear in the process of creating a new outlook profile

any help?

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, March 6, 2020 5:35 AM
  • Hi to all

Any comment to my post, will be appreciated

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 5:18 PM
  • nothing else?

Warm regards MeVs

• Marked as answer by MeVs Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:33 AM