none
Cannot select period in My Work Tasks update screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm having a problem with the tasks update screen within MS Project Server 2010.

I did some analysis of one of our plans and it turns out a couple of hundred tasks need to be updated.  They should be 100% complete by now but are not.  They're old (in some cases nearly a year) and need to be updated by the users.

The problem is that the tasks period is 60 days.  However, upon delegating as one of the users affected, the select period button the tasks update screen is greyed out and cannot be selected.  Most of these tasks fall off the bottom of the 60 day period, so they can't view them to update them.  However, as global admin, I can select it if I go into my own tasks update screen.

We're not using timesheets in any way.  I've racked my brain trying to figure it out, but am stuck.

"Allow users to define custom periods for task updates" is ON in Project Web App --> Task Settings and Display.

I'm figuring it's surely down to user access rights, but which option?  I waded through the MS Project Server 2010 Administration Guide.pdf but nothing jumped out at me.  Can anyone assist please?

Thanks in hopeful advance....

Alex.

• Edited by Fwoggie Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:48 PM Weird HTML was added
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:47 PM

All replies