Bubble size coming awkward in terms of size. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using SSRS 2008 to create a bubble chart. I am able to create it but the only concern I am having is with the bubble size.

I have set the BubbleMinSize and BubbleMaxSize to 10 and 20 respectively to have the bubble size in this range only.

This thing works fine when there are 4 to 5 bubbles, but once the bubble count is two, it shows bubble sizes differently.

For Example: SIZE is passed as 80 and 78 for the two bubbles, so what is happening is, one bubble is coming too large and the another is coming to small, but if you see the value for size is having a difference of 2 only.

Why it works like this???

How to have a relative bubble size, it should look appropriate both in size as well as size value.

Regards,

Anshul Choice-Solutions

Monday, August 2, 2010 5:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I’m afraid this is by design. If there are only two bubbles, the chart will display the small one as the min size 10, and the large on as 20, no matter what the value of those two bubbles for example 80 and 78. But, if there are more bubbles, then the interval will be small.

One possible workaround is using expression for the BubbleMinSize and BubbleMaxSize. So the size will change dynamically base on current value. You also can summit a suggestion via below link, if we could have another property ‘interval’ to control the size then it would be better:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/

Hope this helps,

Raymond

Raymond Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Friday, August 6, 2010 12:28 PM
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:23 AM