Lock down browser history in Steady State RRS feed

• Question

• I am evaluating Steady State to use in my home and have been pleased up until now.  I have all of the file menus disabled in IE since I do not want my kids having the ability to "clean their tracks".  It looked like it was working until I pressed F10.  The menus all appeared with all of the options enabled.  I have gone back and tried to find something to disable function keys, but have been unable.  Any suggenstions?
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:33 PM

Answers

• Maybe its a general setting?  Like allow Management/Admin type privileges?  There are some of these towards the bottom of the windows restrictions.

- James
    • Edited by James Ghiorzi Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:13 PM incorrect info
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:08 PM

All replies

• It might be a IE version issue with Steady State.  The newest version of steady state, has check marks for specific browsers, for instance if your IE is 6.x than there are check marks for that.    I also think there is a check mark to actually clear the history towards the top of the internet settings as well, but you probably have that unchecked already.

Hope that helps,

Respectfully,

James Ghiorzi
    Library Assistant II
    San Benito County Free Library
    470 Fifth St.
    Hollister, CA 95023
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:50 AM
  • I do have that box unchecked.  The issue is that the menus are ALL unsecured if you press F10.  It seems like a bug more than a configuration issue.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:18 PM
  • Maybe its a general setting?  Like allow Management/Admin type privileges?  There are some of these towards the bottom of the windows restrictions.

- James
    • Edited by James Ghiorzi Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:13 PM incorrect info
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:08 PM