Refresh in Power pivot gallery RRS feed

• Question

• I want the refresh button in power pivot gallery to be removed as below

PowerPivot Gallery Schedule Refresh Button

Regards,

Friday, March 29, 2013 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

"Step 6: Grant permissions to create schedules and access external data sources" Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210595.aspx 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Workbook owners or authors must have Contribute permission to schedule data refresh on a workbook. Given this permission level, he or she can open and edit the workbook’s data refresh configuration page to specify the credentials and schedule information used to refresh the data.

The Scheduling / Calendar icon is Security Trimmed it is hidden unless the user has permission

Screenshot of PowerPivot Gallery Big Data Powerview Report logged in as a as a Visitor with Read permissions. Note the Scheduling icon is security trimmed and not available for any user that only has Read permissions to the report.

Screenshot of PowerPivot Gallery Big Data Powerview Report logged in as an Owner with Administrative Permissions. Note the Scheduling icon is security trimmed so it appears to every user with at least Contribute Permissions.

Please let me know if this works for you... Create a test user that you have added to the Visitors group or assigned permissions to directly and they only have the permission to read the reports.

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn , My Blog, @iasanders, BI in SP2013, SP2013 Content Packs.

Friday, April 5, 2013 8:01 AM