none
App-v Webex extensions

Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a virtual environment where i also presented and streamed app-v packagesusing RES Workspace 2014. I present Internet explorer and i virtualized and presented Chrome. 

Now we want to add WEBEX IE extension and Chrome extension but not as seperate packages. Basically i want to virtualize IE and Chrome webex extensions and add them as parameters in RES to IE and Chrome virtual packages. 

For IE i was able to make something, i virtualized the extensions, then added it using RES as a seperate package. If you click on it, then go on IE it works. 

In chrome however, sequencing the extension and adding the paramater Appve/...... on RES makes the application not start. If i remove the parameter, it works again. My idea would be to repackage Chrome with the extension in it, but is there a way to add a Chrome virtual extension to a virtual Chrome package?

Thx.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:28 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can add the add-on to the existing Chrome AppV package using the Sequencer.

Start the Sequencer, open your existing Chrome package for upgrade, install your Chrome Add-on, save the package. 

This will "upgrade" your existing Chrome package to version 2 (by default the sequencer will add "_2" to the .appv filename).

Or you start from scratch and create a new package, latest Chrome + the WebEx add-on.

It that what you're looking for?

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:05 PM