none
Mandatory Roaming profile RRS feed

• Question

• hey,

I have a user withe a Mandatory roaming profile. When I log on to computer 1 it leaves no markes on the computer (he doesnt write a profile on that computer)

when i log in to computer 2 he puts the profile on the computer

I use server 2003 and on the Two computers windows XP. It are two the same computers white the same images on it.

how does this come and how can i make it the same for the two computers

thanks,

aaron

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Aaron,

This issue looks unusual, plese confirm the following information to narrow down this issue.

1. Does the 1 computer have access to roaming profile folder?

2. Does the registery "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ ProfileList" contain the sub-folder of the user account?

3. If you logon another AD user, does his profile write on the disk?

Regards,

Wilson Jia

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:15 AM
  • hi Jia,

1. yes

2. yes

3. only after a restart...for example : user1 has a local copy of his profile on the computer. user2 logs on and off but doesn't get a local copy. The same for user3, user4 etc; UNTIL the computer restarts : user2 logs on and off and gets a local copy alongside user1 (2profile maps). If user1 logs on and off, his copy is gone (gpo Delete Cached Copies Of Roaming Profiles works obviously). To cut a long story short : there's allways a maximum of 2 local copy's present on the machine. Hope it makes some sense...

At the moment it works the way we want, the only problem is that we don't exactly know why it works....:-)

Regards,

Aaron and Mike

Friday, March 26, 2010 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Aaron,

This issue looks unusual, plese confirm the following information to narrow down this issue.

1. Does the 1 computer have access to roaming profile folder?

2. Does the registery "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ ProfileList" contain the sub-folder of the user account?

3. If you logon another AD user, does his profile write on the disk?

Regards,

Wilson Jia

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:15 AM
  • hi Jia,

1. yes

2. yes

3. only after a restart...for example : user1 has a local copy of his profile on the computer. user2 logs on and off but doesn't get a local copy. The same for user3, user4 etc; UNTIL the computer restarts : user2 logs on and off and gets a local copy alongside user1 (2profile maps). If user1 logs on and off, his copy is gone (gpo Delete Cached Copies Of Roaming Profiles works obviously). To cut a long story short : there's allways a maximum of 2 local copy's present on the machine. Hope it makes some sense...

At the moment it works the way we want, the only problem is that we don't exactly know why it works....:-)

Regards,

Aaron and Mike

• hi Jia,

1. yes

2. yes

Regards,

Aaron and Mike