Navigation that can only be viewed by an audience member RRS feed

• Question

• From what i have been reading, I should be able to create a nav link that can be viewed only by a the audience I select when creating the link (site settings-navigation-choose new- browse in an audience using a test group i have created),

Much of the site content is visible to anon users browsing to the site. The scenario I am after is the anonymous user cannot see the link (but can see others) once they sign in using a trusted provider (we are on sp2010 and have a claims-based security configuration - we also use a 3rd party to allow people to authenticate - shetab ) they should be able to see the new tab. I plan to have the group that users are added to be in the audience, but at this point, i create a link (as described above) and it is viewable to anyone.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If I am correct you're saying the following:

1. You create a new link
    2. You select a group in an audience
    3. Still available for users which are not in that group?

If so, can you check if you select the full audience which happens then. If I place the context right, referring to the following line in the Microsoft documentation:

"Also, pages, sites, and links that are manually added to navigation can be configured to be available only to members of a particular audience. Users who are not members of that audience cannot see links to sites and pages that are targeted to that audience."

The above line states that when you target it to an audience.

Can you say that the anonymous users do not have permissions to view the content under the link?

Regards

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:15 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:41 PM