none
Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade - Installation Progress Window does not appear after OS Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Using MDT 2013 Update 2 In Place Upgrade task sequence to upgrade machines to Windows 10. The installation progress window that is usually persistent throughout the deployment process for all other types of task sequences does not appear after the actual OS upgrades. All the tasks still occur as usual and can be followed along in bdd.log but the progress window is no where to be seen

Have any of you been able to see the progress window during a W10 in place upgrade at this point? I've read on another forum about this issue but overall there is not much information on it. It is likely an MDT bug.

This occurs on every machine tested, VMs included, Windows 7 upgrade and Windows 8.1 upgrade. The log files do not seem to yield anything of value but let me know if there is a specific one I should post. 

Thanks

Friday, September 16, 2016 5:27 PM

All replies

• Look at this article:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8e8160c-ca93-4be9-afd0-b4a75a009b2a/mdt-win10-client-standard-in-place-upgrade-template?forum=mdt

The answer worked for me.

Friday, September 23, 2016 6:56 PM