none
Windows Server 2008's Group policy not applying to Windows 8 or above. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support Team,

We are using Windows Server 2008 SP2 updated. we have create group policies on the Server all policies are applying to window 7 but some polices are not applying (for example. USB block...)to Window 8 or above. please help.

Regards,

Ganesh Kale

Ganesh Kale IT System Administrator.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Ganesh Kale,

According to our search and experience, there is no limitation for Windows 8 and above Windows OS to apply group policies from server.

Therefore, we need to get a confirmation from you, what are the certain policies not applied. If we get the certain policies, we can do a test to verify your issue.

Then, please recall carefully, have you configured some settings to limit the scope the GPO applying. The GPMC.log can help you to get some information about configuration, please view it.

Besides, I advise you to double check the OU of those Windows 8’s computers, are they belong to the same OU as Windows 7’s computers?

In addition, would you please let me know whether you have imported the latest Windows 8 Administrative Templates to the Windows Server 2008 DC? If not, please try to download and import it. Then try to configure the GPO settings again to see if it could help.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36991

On the other hand, we also need to check the reason for Windows 8’s computers can’t apply group policies.

There is an TechNet article introduces the Common Problems Causing Group Policy To Not Apply, I think it’s worthwhile to read.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 11:54 AM