none
MS Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - Anyone know of a way to specifically show non-working days in the timeline view on MS project? Tasks from Friday through Monday show up as 4 days on the timeline view, Gantt charts shows non working days but timeline does not.
    Monday, February 8, 2016 9:57 PM

Answers

• GBenatar --

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to display nonworking time in the Timeline view.  That's why it is helpful to display the Gantt with Timeline view so that you can see the nonworking time periods in the Gantt Chart pane.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, February 8, 2016 10:30 PM

All replies

• GBenatar --

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to display nonworking time in the Timeline view.  That's why it is helpful to display the Gantt with Timeline view so that you can see the nonworking time periods in the Gantt Chart pane.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, February 8, 2016 10:30 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Thanks for the input. I am basically trying to build timelines for multiple projects and then lay them out so we can see overlaps in scheduling resources. The timeline is the best tool as I can emphasize the aspects of the projects we need to concentrate on. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Gil

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 4:13 PM
  • Gil --

No, I don't have any more thoughts about this.  Your use of the Timeline view is good, but there is no way to show nonworking time in Timeline views.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:20 PM