IE11 Font Rendering Issue RRS feed

• Question

• First off forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

I am experiencing an issue with IE11 rendering some fonts on a page very small, unreadably small. I just recently updated from IE9, and in IE9 the fonts all rendered perfectly fine. I updated to IE11 and now I have this issue.

I see the issue mainly when trying to read the reports that my DFSR server automatically generates on a daily basis. The DFSR report is generated by Windows Server 2008 R2. Parts of the report still display fine. The parts that don't display properly are mostly headings. I am attaching a screenshot as an example.

The little white lines in the black areas are text heading, and the sections open up when you click on them.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Donovan

Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This could be css conflict issue.

Would you please try the compatible mode or lower document mode in IE 11 for testing?

Manage Internet Explorer 11 compatibility using document modes
    http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn321432.aspx

Try F12 IE developer tool to debug the part of load CSS.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 24, 2014 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This could be css conflict issue.

Would you please try the compatible mode or lower document mode in IE 11 for testing?

Manage Internet Explorer 11 compatibility using document modes
    http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn321432.aspx

Try F12 IE developer tool to debug the part of load CSS.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 24, 2014 9:07 AM
  • Kate,

Thanks for pointing me in this direction. I found that by changing the Document Mode to IE5 the entire page renders perfectly. Now the question (for another forum) is why is it that Server 2008 R2 produces its DFSR health reports in an IE5 document mode? At least I now know where the problem actually exists, and can read my reports until I figure out a way to fix them.

Thank you,

Donovan

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:32 PM