Rule "Reply using a specific template" send email without HTML format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there: 

A new user in the forum. Here goes the problem, we need to set the rule "Reply using a specific template" to announce some changes inside the company, we create a very nice template with some images in it with HTML format. But when I test the rule, it only send the email template with plain text format.

We need the email goes out with HTML format, is there any way to configure Outlook so the rule send the template with HTML? If we can't achieve this, the rule won't work for us because the template in plain text looks awful.

Thank you.

Regards.

• Edited by Bakros Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:34 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Bakros,

According to my research and test, the rule "Reply using a specific template" can only send out the message with Plain Text Format. 

If you are using an Exchange account, please try using the rule "have server reply using a specific message" instead as an workaround:

For more information about these two rules, see this blog

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:12 AM
  • If you are using Office 365 (no on-site Exchange server), have a look at these tools:

AutoReply flow

AutoReply 365 service

Thursday, February 21, 2019 12:08 PM
  • Hi,

If you are open to using third-party tools (and have on-premises Exchange server), then CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro could help: https://www.codetwo.com/exchange-rules-pro/. It is server-based software with the built-in HTML editor which allows you to create a nice template with images, links, etc. Then, the template can be automatically added to replies or used in the auto respond rule. 

Feel free to download a zero-cost 30-day trial if you would like to give it a try.

All the best,

Adam

CodeTwo: Software solutions for Exchange and Office 365

Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:11 PM
  • Hi Yuki:

Yes we use Exchange online, Office 365. Unfortunately this won't work because the rule "Have a server reply using a specific message" asks me to add the email of the other end and I need the reply goes automatically to the person who first  sent the email to us.

Thank you anyway.

• Edited by Bakros Friday, February 22, 2019 4:37 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2019 2:19 PM
  • Hi Adam:

No, we don't have exchange on premise, we're using Exchange Online as part of Office 365 subscription.

Thank you anyway.

Regards.

• Edited by Bakros Friday, February 22, 2019 4:38 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2019 2:21 PM
  • Hi Victor: 

Let me try this and I will let you know.

Regards.

Friday, February 22, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Hi Yuki:

Yes we use Exchange online, Office 365. Unfortunately this won't work because the rule "Have a server reply using a specific message" asks me to add the email of the other end and I need the reply goes automatically to the person who first  sent the email to us.

Thank you anyway.

Hi Bakros,

Thanks for clarifying. If this is the case, then I am afraid it's not feasible to realized using the built-in features in Outlook.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:35 AM