Custom Quota Warning Message didn't replace the system default message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We have created the new quota warning message by running the below command. However, the users are getting the system default one not the below one. How can I activate the custom quota warning message? We are using Exchange 2007 SP3

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>New-SystemMessage -Language EN -QuotaMessageType warni
    gmailbox -Text "You need to delete some items from your inbox befor you go overyour limit!"

Identity                  Text
    --------                  ----
    en\WarningMailbox         You need to delete some items from your inbox befor y
                              ou go over your limit!

Thanks,

OCS Users

Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:52 PM

Answers

• Did you restart MS Exchange Transport and MS Exchange IS service?
    Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by OCS2007R2 Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:19 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:56 PM
  • I suggest you  run this command "Set-systemessage" and restart the service.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 30, 2011 8:44 AM

All replies

• Did you restart MS Exchange Transport and MS Exchange IS service?
    Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.blogspot.com
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:56 PM
  • As I know, you don’t need to run any other comand to active the custome system message. So I think it is a configuration issue.

1. What is warning message did the user received? Please make sure the message received is warning message.

The default quota message should like this.

Subject of message

Your mailbox is almost full

Default message text

Please reduce your mailbox size. Delete any items you don't need from your mailbox and empty your Deleted Items folder.

Understanding Quota Messages

2. Did you run the command “New-SystemMessage” on all the Hub transport server?

3. Are the local language of Hub transport server English?

Resource:

How to Manage Quota Messages

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 7:55 AM
  • For question 1: Yes, they are receiving the message with subject "Your mailbox is almost full"

Question 2: I have only one HT server

Question 3: the local language is english

Do I need to restrat the IS service on mailbox server? We dont want to have down time for our users....

• Marked as answer by OCS2007R2 Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:18 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by OCS2007R2 Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:19 PM
    Saturday, May 28, 2011 3:49 PM
  • I suggest you  run this command "Set-systemessage" and restart the service.

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:44 AM