Bluetooth RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

Overall my experience had been mostly positive for the Vista Beta 2. I'm trying to get my Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work. The problem is that I can't find the Bluetooth icon in Control Panel. It's supposed to be under Hardware and Sound, but it's not. Anyone know where it could be?

Thanks a bunch.

Penguin

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 6:35 PM

Answers

• It should be the second from bottom under hardware and sound, also the second from bottom under the network and internet section. you could also try switching control panel to the classic view with the link on the left.

Also, if you type bluetooth into the search panel in the top right of the control panel it should find it before you finish typing.

Hope that helps!

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 1:41 PM
  • I've the same problem with Beta 2 and RC1 -  I installed an IOGear GBU311 USB Bluetooth receiver and it shows up in device manager as a bluetooth device with a broadcom driver (I supplied the CD to install the driver). But I don't have an icon in control panel or anything else.   I didn't install the full Widcomm stack as it is for XP and regardless I was hoping to use the MS Vista one?  Is this not possible?

Thursday, September 7, 2006 4:55 PM
  • Please check in Help and Support for "Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices." There are lots of solutions and things to try.
    Monday, October 2, 2006 3:13 PM

All replies

• It should be the second from bottom under hardware and sound, also the second from bottom under the network and internet section. you could also try switching control panel to the classic view with the link on the left.

Also, if you type bluetooth into the search panel in the top right of the control panel it should find it before you finish typing.

Hope that helps!

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 1:41 PM
  • I've the same problem with Beta 2 and RC1 -  I installed an IOGear GBU311 USB Bluetooth receiver and it shows up in device manager as a bluetooth device with a broadcom driver (I supplied the CD to install the driver). But I don't have an icon in control panel or anything else.   I didn't install the full Widcomm stack as it is for XP and regardless I was hoping to use the MS Vista one?  Is this not possible?

Thursday, September 7, 2006 4:55 PM
  • I imagine the driver that was on the CD was not a Vista driver, this can cause all sorts of problems, and is one of the reasons many devices are not currently working and will not until Vista RTMs and the companys finally feel comfortable creating drivers with the final version. Every time there is a new build released there is a chance that a driver that worked, will no longer, so many companies do not like to invest in drivers that will just not work in a matter of weeks.

Hope this helps,

Andre Rivera

Friday, September 8, 2006 6:29 PM
  • Hey Penguin, the Bluetooth icon in Control Panel doesn't appear unless you have a Bluetooth drive installed for your adapter/radio.
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:57 PM
  • Hi everyone,

I am currently running RC-1 and am trying to get my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work . The bluetooth icon shows up on the bottom bar. When i try to find the devices it says none available.

I am tring to install Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth (keyboard and mouse).

any help would be appriciated.

Peter

Friday, September 22, 2006 2:39 PM
  • Please check in Help and Support for "Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices." There are lots of solutions and things to try.
    Monday, October 2, 2006 3:13 PM
  • I have this same problem, I installed a bluetooth adapater, using the drivers off of its cd, and in doing show, it showed up in the device manager, but the Bluetooth options in the control panel are missing.

I was going to try another bluetooth adapter, a logitech one I got with a mouse/keyboard combo, but that doesn't work out well, so that idea was skipped.

The next step I am going to reinstall vista with the bluetooth adapter connected during the install, and see if that helps, I doubt that it will, but it is worth a shot, in my opinion, as I only installed vista a few days ago (RC1) so I can use the backups I made before that.

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated, and fyi, most of the Troubleshooting for bluetooth devices don't work becuase you cannot access the control panel's bluetooth menus.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 1:43 PM
  • To get the bluetooth icon back into the control panel uninstall the mobile sync center and then go to this site

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/default.mspx

and download and install windows mobile sync center 6 and then reboot and you will have the bluetooth icon in the control panel

you do not need to have any bluetooth dongles connected at the time..

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:11 PM
  • I have the same keyboard and mouse. The keyboard won't stay paired. I worked with MS Tech Support for hours and they came to the conclusion that it is incompatible. The mouse works great though.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:55 PM
  • Hello All,

I have a Dell laptop with wireless bluetooth Dell keyboard and mouse. I have had problems with my keyboard almost from the beginning. First, the keyboard would always disconnect if my computer went to sleep so as the most expedient fix, I disabled sleep.

Sometimes, though I forget and turn on the keyboard while the computer is still booting. Then the computer doesn't recognize the keyboard. Sometimes, it just takes a minute and then the keyboard works, sometimes I have to reconnect using my existing passkey, and sometimes I have to totally reinstall the keyboard. Then it often can't find the device even though I have it turned on and ready. That usually requires a reboot or two before it will find my keyboard.

I've also noticed at times that the mouse changes from a left-hand setup to a right-hand setup when I turn on my system. I usually have to go into the control panel, open the mouse, and switch the buttons again.

I spent time with the Dell Tech who said Microsoft had released a hot fix for the keyboard issue and we determined that my computer had it.

It is a major annoyance. Does anyone know of ways to fix this problem?

Monday, November 5, 2007 4:18 PM