SharePoint Designer 2010- create an email of multiple "start feedback process" consolidated comments. RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a site where group 1 fills out a form; two of the fields (field 1 and field 2) are choosing members from group 2. When the form is saved, I have two different collect feedback workflows, one for field 1 and the other for field 2.

When both workflows are complete, I receive a separate email of the consolidated comments. Is there a way to have a final email sent that combines the comments from both of the workflows?

This situation applies to multiple parts of the form and I'm receiving complaints from my end users of too many emails.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:23 PM

Answers

• Exactly!

On the main WF you don't have access to your Task Process variable.

But on you Task Process you have access to your main WF variables :)

create you variable on the workflow.

then you can open the task process, change the behavior of overall task process (for instance), and when task process completes, your WF:var = WF:var + TaskProcess:Consolidated Comments (this will not replace your var, will just append to the end)

• Marked as answer by Karina115 Monday, November 23, 2015 5:39 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 5:10 PM

All replies

• Do you have an independent workflow for each "collect feedback" proccess? 

You can create both processes on same workflow, on a parallel action. Then you can create a variable to consolidate all the comments from collect 1 and collect 2, and send an unique email only with the consolidated comments at the end.

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:40 PM
  • Thank you for your reply! And no, they are all under the same workflow running as a parallel action. How do I create the variable to consolidate each comment? The "value" field doesn't have the option for [%task process: consolidated comments%]
    Monday, November 23, 2015 4:55 PM
  • Exactly!

On the main WF you don't have access to your Task Process variable.

But on you Task Process you have access to your main WF variables :)

create you variable on the workflow.

then you can open the task process, change the behavior of overall task process (for instance), and when task process completes, your WF:var = WF:var + TaskProcess:Consolidated Comments (this will not replace your var, will just append to the end)

• Marked as answer by Karina115 Monday, November 23, 2015 5:39 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Yes it worked! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If you have time, could you please answer my other question for the thread : "SharePoint Designer 2010- how to add response from "Collect Data from User" to item"

Thanks again :)

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:39 PM