Win7 updated to Win10: HDD and Raid0 problems RRS feed

• Question

• I was told to post here from Microsoft Community Forums.  After upgrade from Win 7, Win10 no longer recognizes my 2nd HDD (thus my factory Dell Raid 0 is gone).  I discovered this when attempting Defragmentation (machine is running very slow) and also discovered Defrag now sees this drive as a SSD. 

1) How do I correct Windows 10 recognition of my HDD(s) as a SSD.

2) How do I get my Raid 0 back.

FYI,

Dell XPS Studio i7 12G RAM

(Samsung HDD Model HD642JJ) X 2

Bios sees both of my drives and advanced config shows Raid0

Device Manager shows: Intel Raid 1 ( I only see one disk)

Disk Management show: Layout/Simple, Type/Basic (I only see partitions for one disk)

Thanks!

• Edited by SkiCrazyJoe Friday, September 4, 2015 10:03 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 9:57 PM

Answers

• Hi SkiCrazyJoe,

The hard drive RAID 0 is based on the hardware, right?
    To make a device work well, we should get a compatible driver.
    Please try to download Windows 10 compatible driver for the device from the device manufacturer. If they haven`t released a Windows 10 compatible driver, we could try to install the latest driver in a compatibility mode(Right click the driver package, "Properties", "Compatibility mode") to have a check.

As a workground, we could try to work with the built-in feature "Storage space" to create a RAID 0 (Simple) based on software.
    Here is a link for reference:
    Create RAID-Like Data Backup using Storage Spaces on Windows 8( Applied to Windows 10)
    http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-8/create-raid-like-data-backup-using-storage-spaces-windows-8/
    NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 7, 2015 7:37 AM