Windows 7 closes unexpectedly - Downloaded new Internet Explorer Beta RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded Internet Explorer Beta.  Windows closes down unexpectedly and goes to a blue screen.  I am not sure if this is an Internet Explorer problem or a Windows 7 problem.  Should I remove the Internet Explorer Beta and if I do what will happen?   Is there some software I can run to determine where probelm is?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:26 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What is the situation now? Can you start Windows? Can IE 9 beta be launched?

If possible, let us reset IE in case certain settings corrupted the system.

Open IE, click Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab-> Reset....

If it does not work, system restore might be of help.

Meanwhile, the minidump file is necessary to debug.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:09 AM
    Friday, January 7, 2011 5:05 AM

All replies

• When the computer crashes with a blue screen it normally creates a dmp file in the c:\windows\minidump directory. If you upload this to your skydrive we can take a look and maybe determin whats going on. Also what does the blue screen say as that will give us a clue too.

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Hi,

What is the situation now? Can you start Windows? Can IE 9 beta be launched?

If possible, let us reset IE in case certain settings corrupted the system.

Open IE, click Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab-> Reset....

If it does not work, system restore might be of help.

Meanwhile, the minidump file is necessary to debug.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:09 AM
    Friday, January 7, 2011 5:05 AM