Appending AutoText Company-wide RRS feed

• Question

• We recently had a change to our companies name and I am faced with finding a good way to make sure users are being prompted to type the new name correctly (using AutoText/Quick Parts I presume) in all Office 2010 applications.  

It seems like I have two options, replace the user's local template or switch everyone over to a network template and control it globally.  Ideally we'd prefer to append the file where this is stored locally per user, so as to preserve their existing autotext entries, but I haven't seen a good way to programtically do this.  I would look to use the SCCM client for any automation.  Any suggestions?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:51 PM

Answers

• Create a custom template for use within the organization and copy it to each user’s User Templates folder (a login script could take care of the copying). Teach users to create documents based on that template.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Monday, September 17, 2012 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:30 PM
  • Hi,

I think we can write some macros for each application, then send the macros to the users, let them open the templates and run the macro for each application, then the company name will be change.

I have written the macro for Word and Excel, others application can refer to the examples.

Change the company name in the code.

This is for Word:

Sub change_company()

ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(21) = "test_company"

End Sub

This is for Excel:

Sub change_company()

ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(21) = "test_company"

End Sub

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:44 AM

All replies

• Create a custom template for use within the organization and copy it to each user’s User Templates folder (a login script could take care of the copying). Teach users to create documents based on that template.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:30 PM
  • Hi,

I think we can write some macros for each application, then send the macros to the users, let them open the templates and run the macro for each application, then the company name will be change.

I have written the macro for Word and Excel, others application can refer to the examples.

Change the company name in the code.

This is for Word:

Sub change_company()

ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(21) = "test_company"

End Sub

This is for Excel:

Sub change_company()

ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(21) = "test_company"

End Sub

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:44 AM
  • check this link this may help you out

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/autotext-company-wide-template-t905640.html

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Thanks for the responses.  We're a large organization so communication is challenging.  I like any automated feature and since this is mandatory, I'll try running the macros automatically, possibly as a run-once per user who logs in.  Thanks.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 5:36 AM