Image Copy + Paste is not working in IE10 RRS feed

• Question

• Image copy paste is not working in IE10. Does IE10 support this functionality.

Please suggest.

Friday, May 22, 2015 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Due to my testing, you have to upload the image file online and then copying image from webpage onto your editor will work fine.

If you directly copy the image on local computer, the HTML shows src="".

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Would please let me know which website you use and encounter this issue?

As I known, the HTML5 Clipboard APIs and Events are supported by IE10:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2013/02/26/ie10-for-windows-7-globally-available-for-consumers-and-businesses.aspx

The implementation must recognise the native OS clipboard format description for the following data types, to be able to populate the DataTransferItemList with the correct description for paste events, and set the correct data format on the OS clipboard in response to copy and cut events.

text/plain
    text/uri-list
    text/csv
    text/css
    text/html
    application/xhtml+xml
    image/png
    image/jpg, image/jpeg
    image/gif
    image/svg+xml
    application/xml, text/xml
    application/javascript
    application/json
    application/octet-stream

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 25, 2015 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

I am trying using ostickets editor. Also I tried with other editors also but still the same result can not copy paste image in editor.

Monday, May 25, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Hi,

Due to my testing, you have to upload the image file online and then copying image from webpage onto your editor will work fine.

If you directly copy the image on local computer, the HTML shows src="".

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:56 AM