Mail Merge with duplicate names RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm working with word 2010 and mail merge using an existing list. Every day we get an excel sheet with a list of accounts with balances due. There are multiple accounts with the same owner with a different balance due. I would like to add the balance due for those accounts and insert into one letter. So it would be something like, if owner is #123456 then insert name, address, phone number, due date, and add all cells of balance due and insert into address blocks. 

Thanks for any help provided!

Manny Mendoza
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:32 AM

Answers

• See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website:

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

Or, for more complex, but more capable methods, see fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial" at:

http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip

Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included
    with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly as
    required.

The add-in in the first link will need modification to do exactly what you want, but when modified as would be required, may be simpler to use.

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"mdoza17" wrote in message news:3fc44f88-e28b-44ab-9c16-60e79779170c@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi, I'm working with word 2010 and mail merge using an existing list. Every day we get an excel sheet with a list of accounts with balances due. There are multiple accounts with the same owner with a different balance due. I would like to add the balance due for those accounts and insert into one letter. So it would be something like, if owner is #123456 then insert name, address, phone number, due date, and add all cells of balance due and insert into address blocks.

Thanks for any help provided!

Manny Mendoza

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:16 AM