none
Install Forefront Remotly RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI All

I want to depoly forefront Client on my domain users remotly throw GPO or any another tool

please help me

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:45 AM

All replies

•  

George,

There are several ways of doing this. However there are a few things that need to be in place before you deploy your clients.

When you get to deploying your clients they can be deployed through any application distribution software like SMS or SCCM.

If you don't have this in place you can use WSUS (pref. 3.x) to distribute the clients.

To use WSUS 3.x:

1. Make sure your clients are listed in WSUS. (don't forget to include the "allow automatic update immideate installation" setting in your WSUS policy)

2. make sure your clients meet the prereqs for FCS install. 

3. Deploy an FCS settings policy using the FCS management server. (this will include the necessary reg values for the client install)

4. In WSUS, make sure you have selected Forefront product and the categories "updates", "critical updates" and "definition updates". (you should also create a rule to automatically approve definition updates at a minimum pref. anything forefront)

5. Synchronize your WSUS.

6. Approve the forefront client in WSUS (you have to do this the first time even if you have auto approve rules because you need to accept the license agreement.)

7. The clients are ready to receive the FCS client.

If you want to distribute a standalone client (without FCS server) you have to run clientsetup.exe with the "/nomom" switch.

Install can be run through a startup script, examples can be found here:

http://www.codeplex.com/fcscompete/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=7424 

You will find all documentation here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=90044D88-299B-49FB-B762-EAE17A1F01F4&displaylang=en

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

/johan

• Proposed as answer by Bechir Gharbi Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:15 AM
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:10 AM
  • Without a detailed explantion on how your network is setup, it is very difficult on trying to give an opinion or a solution to your issue.
    MCSA Windows 2003 MCP Windows NT 4 Workstation
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:28 PM