none
Windows Setup Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise 1703, and getting this error:

Windows Setup

Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Microsoft-Windows-Deployment].

This is what I have in that section:

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
          <RunSynchronous>
            <RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
              <Description>EnableAdmin</Description>
              <Order>1</Order>
              <Path>cmd /c net user Administrator /active:yes</Path>
            </RunSynchronousCommand>
              <Description>UnfilterAdministratorToken</Description>
              <Order>2</Order>
              <Path>cmd /c reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v FilterAdministratorToken /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f</Path>
            </RunSynchronousCommand>
              <Description>disable user account page</Description>
              <Order>3</Order>
              <Path>reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\OOBE /v UnattendCreatedUser /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f</Path>
            </RunSynchronousCommand>
              <Description>disable async RunOnce</Description>
              <Order>4</Order>
              <Path>reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer /v AsyncRunOnce /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f</Path>
            </RunSynchronousCommand>
          </RunSynchronous>
        </component>

I don't remember having this issue pre 1703.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:49 AM

Answers

• That unattend.xml bit looks just fine. I would not rule out that there is a different issue in your unattend.xml though. Are you using latest version of MDT build 8443?

You can check the windows install log for information on what it dont like in the unattendfile.
    C:\Windows\Panther\setupact.log

You can press Shift-F10 to open a command prompt window when the error message is displayed during the specialize phase.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Edited by Anton Romanyuk Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lanky Doodle Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:01 PM
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:21 AM

All replies

• That unattend.xml bit looks just fine. I would not rule out that there is a different issue in your unattend.xml though. Are you using latest version of MDT build 8443?

You can check the windows install log for information on what it dont like in the unattendfile.
    C:\Windows\Panther\setupact.log

You can press Shift-F10 to open a command prompt window when the error message is displayed during the specialize phase.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Edited by Anton Romanyuk Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lanky Doodle Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:01 PM
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:21 AM
  • Thanks Anton. I immediately restarted deployment and it went just fine. Maybe just a blip. I'll check that I am on 8443.

That's good to know about Shift + F10.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:15 AM