Import data from excelsheet and convert it to Calender event/item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I using moss 2007. i have planned to import some particular data from excelsheet and create it in calender event/item automatically. can someone suggest how to proceed it.

I have done import spreadsheet from 2007 under site action-->more option-->create.

where i can import spreadsheet, but unable to convert and create it as calender event item.

PLease some one help me on this ...
    • Moved by Rock Wang– MSFT Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:31 AM This is a MOSS 2007 issue. (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:28 AM

All replies

• Excel runs into a phone booth, ducks down, then raises back up with a massive A on it's chest.

It is great that SharePoint allows for the import of an Excel file into a custom list! But, that's where it ends.

Now, open Access... I mean open SUPERACCESS!!

1. Link both your calendar list and Custom List to Access.

2. Create a Query.

a. Make it an Append Query. Set the destination to the Calendar

b. Add the Custom List to the query.

c. Add fields to the grid, and set their destination.

This will not be painless, and you will have to try multiple iterations to get it to append properly.  So, take a deep breath, have a fresh cup of coffee, or mug of beer, and plenty of time to make a few mistakes.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals of Northern VA. (Specializing in driveway-sized roll-off dumpsters.)
    Be sure to click one of them there forum buttons that artificially inflates my narcissitic ego... I mean gives me points.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:47 PM