none
Approval center task update history viewable by others RRS feed

• Question

• We have Project Server 2010 with December 2013 CU.

In our production system, when viewing the StatusApprovalsHistory page some users can see approvals from other Status Managers, it is not ALL other approvals, just approvals from some subset of projects. In our test environment, we don't see this occuring.

For instance, I am an administrator and do not typically accept task updates. However, when I look in the Status Approvals History, I see approvals for 32 different projects, most of which I have never accepted time for.

What could be causing this, and is there a way for me to ensure that a user only sees their history?

thanks!

-Jim

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• In a view, you will see all projects to which you have access. As administrator, you should be able to see everything. The display for other users will vary based on their access. On the other hand, only the status managers of an assignment will see these in the actual approval screen.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, July 18, 2014 12:39 PM
  • As an Administrator, I don't see all the approvals history, but I do see a subset that might align with my having been an Status Manager at some point.<o:p></o:p>

The user that reported this has "My Organization" access, so she can see all projects, but the subset of approval history that she sees is limited, also apparently consistent with having been an Status Manager for tasks in that project at some point. <o:p></o:p>

Does "having been a status manager" track better than "all projects to which you have access"? (I'm trying to get this to a level of understanding that I can explain it to the users and have them understand this is a "design feature" rather than a glitch.<o:p></o:p>

This is creating confusion between what they see on the Approval Center itself, versus what they see in the history page.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you so much for your feedback!<o:p></o:p>

-Jim

Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:00 PM
  • Yes, if you were or are a status manager on the project, it gives you access to the updates. Remember that even if you are not currently a status manager, having been one leaves a permanent mark. Perhaps you created some of the projects in questions?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

To clarify:  Even if a user is part of the Administrators group, they will NOT see all items in the Status Approvals History list UNLESS they were a status manager in the related project plan?

Thanks,

AVX

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:18 PM