popup says attempt to change default search RRS feed

• Question

• hello

When I sign into internet explorer I get a popup.  It says.

An attempt to change your default search has been blocked.   Click here to change your settings.  After clicking on it  I get   another  popup.   Saying.  -- An attempt has been made to take over your default search.     Having two options.  They are.    -- Keep my current default search for internet explorer.  Or  -- Select change my default search for Trovi search.  Trovi search is deselected. 

Another  tab.  Clicking on Learn More ---.  It says  the notification you received allows you to protect your default homepage and other default search settings from a attempt by a third party to change them.  The popup goes on.  You can customize these notications by going to your Connect DLC 5 Toolbar options. 

When I get  the popup most of the times a black webpage will display.  Having to  close out of the popup and them close the blank webpage to continue.  I have scanned my antivirus software  Microsoft Security Essentials and using internet explorer 11.  If someone can help.  Thank you Glenn. 

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Glenn,

According to your question, I can understand that those pop-ups are due to some useless Addons.

Just try running IE without addons, and tell us whether you are still facing same problem or not.

To run IE without addons mode, follow these steps:-

To remove them permanently, follow these steps:-

More:-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/run-internet-explorer-8-in-no-add-ons-mode

You can also run IE without addons by using command prompt. 

Follow these steps to open using command prompt :-

1) Open command prompt

2) Type the command given below in command prompt.

“%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -extoff

3) Enjoy!

If still no joy, feel free to reply back!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by I-Am-LOL Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Glenn Glenn Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:28 PM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Glenn,

According to your description, this issue seems to be related to the Trovi search add-on.

I recommend you to uninstall the Trovi and its` add-ons in the IE11 to have a try.

To uninstall the Trovi program:

Control panel \Uninstall Programs (Look for programs related to the Trovi)

To remove the add-on in IE11:

Tools \Manage add-ons \Toolbars and Extensions(Look for add-ons related to Trovi and remove).

If your homepage has been changed to this website ,I recommend you change the homepage to your favorite.

Best regards  

Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:45 PM
  • Hi Glenn,

According to your question, I can understand that those pop-ups are due to some useless Addons.

Just try running IE without addons, and tell us whether you are still facing same problem or not.

To run IE without addons mode, follow these steps:-

To remove them permanently, follow these steps:-

More:-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/run-internet-explorer-8-in-no-add-ons-mode

You can also run IE without addons by using command prompt. 

Follow these steps to open using command prompt :-

1) Open command prompt

2) Type the command given below in command prompt.

“%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -extoff

3) Enjoy!

If still no joy, feel free to reply back!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by I-Am-LOL Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Glenn Glenn Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:28 PM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:55 PM