Windows Update program very slow to download updates RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows vista home premium installed on my PC.  Whenever I try to install updates using the Windows Update program, the updates take a very long time to download.  Today (Sat 19/12/09 9:30 - 11:30 am - Australia, Melbourne time) I have been trying to download 6 updates of 7.3 Mbytes in size and it still is only 98% complete.  It's not my internet connection - I can view web pages from the USA and Australia reasonably quickly as I am downloading the updates.  I believe the issue is a Microsoft server issue.  It's almost impossible (besides a lot of time being wasted) to keep windows up to date with such ridiculous download speeds.  I regularly have to to quit and try again.  Every time I try to update my Windows OS I experience these slow download speeds.  I don't experience such issues with other web pages / other applications (e.g. SUN Java) whose updates can be quite big!

Can some one help rectify this problem.
    • Moved by Dale QiaoModerator Monday, December 21, 2009 2:54 AM Move to Windows Vista catagory (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:36 AM

Answers

All replies