none
Project Server Site Provisioning fails RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    I need to provision 2 x project sites. One the default "PWA" and a project "ProjectA"

    Error <g class="gr_ gr_112 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="112" id="112">i</g> get: Failed to Provision site PWA with error: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Url/PWA cannot be used as a site name. Site Names cannot contain certain reserved words and cannot begin with an underscore.

    There is no underscore in the name.

    I have deleted the Site Collections and Project Service application a few times and recreated.

    I tested with another name and it created without any issues.

    I need to create it with the original names.

    Thanks in advance

    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:38 PM

Answers

  • Is it just me that gets the HTML formatting...

    Ok, here is what seems to be working:

    Restore all the DB's from <g class="gr_ gr_19 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="19" id="19">oldfarm</g> to <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20" id="20">new</g> farm. (Project DB's and Content DB's)

    Make farm account owner of the DB

    Attach content DB's to Web Application

    Run the following Powershell:

    New-SPProjectWebInstance -Url “http://servername/PWAInstance” -AdminAccount “domain\farmaccount” -PrimaryDbserver “DDServerName” -PublishedDbname “ProjectServer_Published” -ArchiveDbname “ProjectServer_Archive” -DraftDbname “ProjectServer_Draft” -ReportingDbserver “DBServerName” -ReportingDbname “ProjectServer_Reporting”

    Regarding the above did you properly delete them. I did follow <g class="gr_ gr_37 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="37" id="37">simular</g> posts and made sure it is deleted so that dd not solve the issue but above is the solution.

    Thanks


    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:08 AM

All replies

  • Hi Danie,

    Have you checked if your previous instances have been properly deleted? You can try to delete the old PWA instance by using PowerShell:

    http://www.epmcentral.com/deploy/pwa10-delete.php

    http://epmsource.com/2011/05/31/common-errors-when-a-pwa-site-is-deleted-incorrectly/

    Hope this helps

    Paul

    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 4:45 PM
  • Is it just me that gets the HTML formatting...

    Ok, here is what seems to be working:

    Restore all the DB's from <g class="gr_ gr_19 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="19" id="19">oldfarm</g> to <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20" id="20">new</g> farm. (Project DB's and Content DB's)

    Make farm account owner of the DB

    Attach content DB's to Web Application

    Run the following Powershell:

    New-SPProjectWebInstance -Url “http://servername/PWAInstance” -AdminAccount “domain\farmaccount” -PrimaryDbserver “DDServerName” -PublishedDbname “ProjectServer_Published” -ArchiveDbname “ProjectServer_Archive” -DraftDbname “ProjectServer_Draft” -ReportingDbserver “DBServerName” -ReportingDbname “ProjectServer_Reporting”

    Regarding the above did you properly delete them. I did follow <g class="gr_ gr_37 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="37" id="37">simular</g> posts and made sure it is deleted so that dd not solve the issue but above is the solution.

    Thanks


    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:08 AM