Folder as Network Drive RRS feed

• Question

• Starting yesterday 11/12/14 after a new Windows 7 update from MS one sub folder of my USER/MyDocuments folder is appearing  under Network Locations as: ADG(\\192.168.1.67) (S:)

Why? How? I can't even think of how I could map a folder as a network drive. This happened all by itself which is not possible as computers only do what they are told so how did it happen.

Again this happened after an automatic update to WINDOWS occurred. I HAVE NOT mapped it myself in fact this drive letter (S) was assigned to one of my NAS units that was off and still is off.

Thanks

Dennis

Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:18 PM

Answers

• Can you stop file sharing and check once ?

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, November 23, 2014 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:53 AM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 12:08 AM
  • Hello Dennis,

Haveyou tried the solution as MVP Arnav Sharmamentioned?

Please explain a bit about the following questions:
    1. What do you mean about the sentence ‘my NAS units that was off and still is off.’?
    2. Which update do you mean?
    Could youplease provide a screenshot for better understanding if you willing to?

Please try to uninstall the update you mentioned and check if this issue still exists.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:01 AM

All replies

• Can you stop file sharing and check once ?

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, November 14, 2014 12:08 AM
  • Hello Dennis,

Haveyou tried the solution as MVP Arnav Sharmamentioned?

Please explain a bit about the following questions:
    1. What do you mean about the sentence ‘my NAS units that was off and still is off.’?
    2. Which update do you mean?
    Could youplease provide a screenshot for better understanding if you willing to?

Please try to uninstall the update you mentioned and check if this issue still exists.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:01 AM
  • Any updates?

Sunday, November 23, 2014 7:31 AM