none
Manual replica creation of BMR/System State RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm running a test concerning manual replica creation of BMR/System State and I've run into some problems. I want to manually copy the system state files to a USB-drive and transfer them to a secondary DPM server. 

Is there a recommended way to copy the files without changing the permissions?

Thanks in advance!

Mikael Andersson

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Stuvning,

Is manually creating a recovery point of the System State/BMR data from the Primary DPM server to the Secondary DPM server not sufficient?

This would keep all the permissions in-tact and you could restore it from there.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Thursday, February 9, 2012 5:17 AM
  • Hi Stuvning,

Is manually creating a recovery point of the System State/BMR data from the Primary DPM server to the Secondary DPM server not sufficient?

This would keep all the permissions in-tact and you could restore it from there.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Could you please elaborate? I don't think I understand. Are you suggesting I recover the BMR-files using the primary DPM-server to a network share and then copy that to the secondary server?

I'll explain abit more about the scenario: I have two DPM-servers connected over VPN. The secondary server will protect all the data on the primary server. I don't want to send all the backup-data over the tunnel during the initial backup of the main server so I'll be manually transfering the bulk of it with a USB-drive.

Best Regards
    Mikael Andersson

• Edited by Stuvning Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:51 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:14 AM