Word Document That Consists Of One Table RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Office 2007.  I have a Word document (a .doc file) that consists of one table that spans 11 pages.  In order to speed up load on hand held devices (I have an iPhone) I wrote a macro that divides the file into 13 small Word documents (also .doc files) that can be loaded on a device.  The macro resides in the .doc file.  I run this macro on two different systems, 1 is XP Pro SP-3 and the other is Windows 7 Home (64-bit) with the latest fixes.  The document uses the standard template on both systems.

If I put this file on the XP machine and run the macro, I get the small files and they can be run on the hand held with no problem.  The small files can also be opened on the Windows 7 machine with no problem.

If I put the file on the Windows 7 machine and run the macro, I get the small files as well, but the files can’t be opened on the hand held device.  If I copy the small files to the XP machine and try to open the files I get error “Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc” three times and then the file opens.

Any idea how I can fix this problem?  Thanks for any help.

• Moved by Jennifer Zhan Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:00 AM (From:Office IT Pro General Discussions)
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:07 PM

All replies