none
How to determine due dates for non-barcode tapes? RRS feed

• Question

• My apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm not finding a solution. We adopted DPM earlier this year before fully understanding the due dates on the tapes, and we've been adding those to our hand written labels as we take the tapes of site so we can manage when the tape comes back, etc.  I have about a dozen tapes that are my first production backup tapes which probably aren't due for a year, and I did not label them with the due dates.  How can I get a list of these, either a list of all the tapes that DPM knows about ALONG with the due date or given an arbitrary tape label, how can I figure out the due date.  I'm just ignorant how to pull this off.

Many advance thanks,

- Vo

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you run a tape management report, that should provide a list of overdue tapes, or tapes due back in the next 4 weeks. 

If that does not hep you, you can use the powershell script written by Wilson in this post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmtapebackuprecovery/thread/ff20c278-1e8e-40ff-97d4-91ee0bb5ade6?prof=required

Just run .\duetape.ps1 label

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:01 PM
  • Oh, I thought the script was the solution (4 weeks isn't enough for tapes that expire next year), but it thinks all tapes I have are due back on the same date, 5/1/2013. It's so close to being the answer.

I'm using this on SCDPM 2010, if that matters?

• Edited by vo243 Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:32 PM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:29 PM