none
show only summary tasks (project 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Is there a way to show only Summary Tasks in a view, but without using a filter. the problem with the filter is that you cannot then click on the expand/collapse button.

Also is there any way just to show the "outline level 2" tasks?

Thanks for any advice.

Pratrap

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:38 PM

Answers

• Pratrap,

You answered your own question on the first one. It you only want to see summary tasks and do not want to use the built-in "Summary tasks" filter, then simply collapse all levels such that only summary lines appear.

With regard to showing only outline level 2, a filter is the only way. Just filter on the Outline Level field and test for "2".

John

• Marked as answer by Pratrap Saturday, August 11, 2012 10:57 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 8:20 PM

All replies

• Pratrap,

You answered your own question on the first one. It you only want to see summary tasks and do not want to use the built-in "Summary tasks" filter, then simply collapse all levels such that only summary lines appear.

With regard to showing only outline level 2, a filter is the only way. Just filter on the Outline Level field and test for "2".

John

• Marked as answer by Pratrap Saturday, August 11, 2012 10:57 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 8:20 PM
  • On the first one I wanted to be sure I wasnt being "daft". 2nd one I hadnt found the "Outline Level" field.

I am working on a very large plan with various levels of indentation and I need to get slick at finding the correct bit to work on while maintaining the overview - otherwise I have found that it becomes too overwhelming.

Thank you John.

PS the other thing I would like to be able to do is while looking at a group of tasks (say one stage)

to be able to see in the same table all of the tasks which are predecessors to the ones I am looking at.

(PPS = I have just found TaskDetailsForm (Predecessors and Successors) - used with "Split" is seems to be jsut what was required.

• Edited by Pratrap Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:14 AM
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:00 AM
  • Pratrap,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:20 PM