Remote Session RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Help Required.

A user take Remote the server and lock his session but when user login again then he gets the new session ( In windows server 2003).

I am not able to find why ? Please help It should not redirect to new session. ( Esclanation is happing :() Kndly suggest asap

Thanks

Amit

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:25 AM

Answers

• When a user logs on with  mstsc /console is used to connect to the "console session (session 0)" on the server.Meaning, you could log into the physical console of the server and see the same thing you saw remotely - you could leave something running and it would still be there when you connected from the other means.

whereas mstsc will give you a "new session" on the server.

mstsc /console is generally used for administrative purposes.

You cannot have 2 session 0

http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
    • Marked as answer by Lucky - MS Friday, July 1, 2011 7:23 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:38 AM

All replies

• When a user logs on with  mstsc /console is used to connect to the "console session (session 0)" on the server.Meaning, you could log into the physical console of the server and see the same thing you saw remotely - you could leave something running and it would still be there when you connected from the other means.

whereas mstsc will give you a "new session" on the server.

mstsc /console is generally used for administrative purposes.

You cannot have 2 session 0

http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
    • Marked as answer by Lucky - MS Friday, July 1, 2011 7:23 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:38 AM
  • Hi All

Help Required.

A user take Remote the server and lock his session but when user login again then he gets the new session ( In windows server 2003).

I am not able to find why ? Please help It should not redirect to new session. ( Esclanation is happing :() Kndly suggest asap

Thanks

Amit

Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Sir I am unable to take same session through mstsc agter lockput.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Accurate answer
    Friday, July 1, 2011 7:23 AM