none
Export list as template and use it with javascript: is it possible?

Question

• Hi.

I exported a list as a template. I noticed the following points:

- in Sharepoint screens, when I create a list based on this template, specific webparts in editform.aspx, dispform.aspx.. are lost. Metadata navigation on allitems.aspx is lost too

- using javascript, I diid not succeed in creating a list based on the template (even using featureId as a parameter)

What may I do without coding eveything please?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:05 AM

All replies

• No one using list templates? :-)
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:16 PM
  • Hi Damien Barafort,

What do you mean the “Metadata navigation on allitems.aspx is lost”? how did you add metadata navigation in the allitem.aspx? Is the metadata navigation in the left beside the list?

Per my test in SharePoint online, I save one list as template and create list based on the list template. Then the web parts which I add in the disform.aspx and editform.aspx disappear.

It is by design. When saving the list as template, it will not remain the customization in the list.

There is a workaround.

You could save the list as template and create the list based on the list template, then copy the disform.aspx and editform.aspx to the new list in SharePoint designer.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:39 AM