none
DPM 2010 created second non-existent tape library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just recently DPM has created a second non existent tape library.  I have tried to remove it but it is persistent.  This is a HP LTO3 series 1 1/8 autoloader (configured as a Dell Powervault 136 T medium changer - because HP will not release drivers for this unit!!).  I have been using this system successfully for six months.    Last friday DPM saw the correct unit, but then created a second 'ghost' one, it has since insisted that the ghost one is live and the correct one is offline.  I have shut down DPM, removed the scsi connection to the tape drive and restarted the server.  The tape drives are still there!!!  Although system manager knows they are not!  I am stuck!!! as what to do next.

• Moved by MarcReynolds Monday, May 2, 2011 12:44 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Monday, May 2, 2011 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

Rename the tape library that shows "offline" in the DPM Console - just right-click the libary and rename it to INVALID.  Now modify all your protection groups so none of them are configured to use the INVALID library.   Once all PG's are reconfigured to use the library that is online, the the invalid one will disappear from the GUI. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 2, 2011 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

Rename the tape library that shows "offline" in the DPM Console - just right-click the libary and rename it to INVALID.  Now modify all your protection groups so none of them are configured to use the INVALID library.   Once all PG's are reconfigured to use the library that is online, the the invalid one will disappear from the GUI. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 2, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Dear Mike,

Thanks for this it worked brilliantly!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:01 AM