none
Problem with Live Excel Dashboard - Data Refresh keeps switching focus to Data sheets :-( RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a created a live dashboard in excel 2016 that will be displayed on a large TV in the production area of my company. The dashboard has pivot tables that are using excel tables in separate sheets as the data source. The tables have been set up using power query connections to different excel workbooks on the network. They automatically refresh once an hour. Unfortunately every time the data refreshes, excel switches focus from the dashboard to one of the hidden sheets where the data is being loaded. Now until someone manually selects the sheet with the dashboard, it is hidden from view. Anyway to get around this?

Also before someone mentions it, I have tried setting up the data connections as 'Connection Only' instead of downloading a local copy of the data first. However if I do this, pivot tables do not allow me to add calculated fields that I need to complete the dashboard.

I hope I have been able to describe the scenario clearly? Any ideas/thoughts are appreciated!! :-)

Blaze

Friday, November 20, 2015 10:10 PM

All replies

• blaZe77 --

You have erroneously posted your Excel question in a user forum dedicated to questions about Project Online, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend you repost your question in one of the Excel user forums.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, November 23, 2015 2:30 PM