windows 7 dont work in motherboard (abit ib9) RRS feed

Answers

• ok, now it asks me for a cd/dvd device driver... what's going on here... tried downloading the ite-atapi floppy thingie from the abit page, but i've had no luck with any of the drivers on there... am i even doing the right thing here...

god damn all these required hardware upgrades lately... just wanna get this working... omg

thaks in advance
    • Marked as answer by akuma48465 Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:42 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:23 PM

All replies

• I have the same motherboard and have the same problem trying to install either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of RC1.  I get a blue screen as per this thread - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/f8169d49-7aa0-41e1-9c62-210975971f8c
    Friday, May 15, 2009 11:46 AM
  • Windows 7 is not installed on the motherboard model (abit ib9)  I think is  for compatibility problems with the raid or sata

the board home page is this add the drivers

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/download/download_driver_detail.php?pFILE_TYPE=Driver&pMAIN_TYPE=Motherboard&pTITLE_ON_SCREEN=IB9&pSOCKET_TYPE=LGA775
    Just disable the EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) in your Bios. It's under Advanced BIOS Features -> CPU Feature. All the way at the bottom.

Greetings
    Monday, June 1, 2009 12:56 PM
  • i'm gonna try this out, hope it works...

since i've woved to never install vista on my computer i still run xp - sp3...

hope win 7 runs better...

thanks in advance
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:49 PM
  • ok, now it asks me for a cd/dvd device driver... what's going on here... tried downloading the ite-atapi floppy thingie from the abit page, but i've had no luck with any of the drivers on there... am i even doing the right thing here...

god damn all these required hardware upgrades lately... just wanna get this working... omg

thaks in advance
    • Marked as answer by akuma48465 Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:42 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:23 PM
  • windows 7 works in motherboard abit ib9 just  disable the ( EIST )in the bios this opcion is allocated in the cpu opcion
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:45 PM
  • Go download the driver from here ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/driver2/ite8211/v1328.zip and then install it on one of your PC, then go to C:\Program Files\ITE folder and copy all the files into your pendrive. Then use this pendrive as the source of driver during Windows 7 setup.

It worked for me. By the way, thanks for the tip on disabling EIST to solve the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem that I'm having.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:43 PM
  • I've disabled EIST, but still "dark" screen after the setup... I'll try to use copy driver method from another PC. Thank you, Junkeeper.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 5:11 AM
  • If your using anything IDE you have to install the drivers during Windows Install. If you have the abit ib9 driver cd, boot that cd. There is only one driver for ide/sata, go through the prompts and make a floppy. Then use it when windows asks if you have any additional raid drivers etc to install.

• Proposed as answer by D4v1d U Monday, March 3, 2014 5:49 PM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 5:49 PM