Excel 2007 restore down Gesture does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this question/comment, so please point me in the right direction if I'm wrong.

I'm using a regular laptop (no touch screen), but I still like to use the Maximize/Restore Down gestures (dragging a title bar to the top of the screen to maximize, and pulling it back down to restore to a normal sized window).  This seems to work in all Office 2007 programs except for Excel.  I can drag Excel to the top of the screen and it maximizes;  but if I try to pull it down from the top of the screen, nothing happens.  I have to either double click the title bar, or use the restore down button between the close and minimize buttons.

Is this a known bug with Windows or Excel?  Can anyone else confirm this behavior?  Does anyone know if there's a fix for it?

Thanks,
    -Alex.
    Alex
    Monday, September 28, 2009 8:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Jinseng,

I have the same issue in Microsoft Office Excel 2007. The maximize works properly. However, I cannot pulling it back down to restore to a normal sized window. This issue shall be related to Excel rather than Windows 7. Therefore, it is recommended contact Office Group directly to confirm this issue. Please post a new thread on Office 2007 Deployment Forum Group or Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Support.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, October 2, 2009 6:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:32 AM

All replies