none
How to revert inactive protection group to active RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

We have one DPM 2012 R2 server. Few days back I had stopped the protection of a member. Now i want to again add that member to active protection group.

Drive letter, server name and other settings are same.

Is there any way to accomplish this? I already have gone through the threads which talk about such issue and suggest to modify the protection and select the member which is inactive but that didn't work for me.

Thanks,

Arun

Arun Kumar

Monday, November 10, 2014 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Modifying an existing protection group or making a new protection group and selecting the same data source should bring it out of inactive.  If it does not it is because one of the the data source properties or location has changed.  IE: For a volume, the volume GUID changed, for a Virtual machine, the VM GUID changed etc.   Worst case it does not come out of inactive and we make new replica / recovery point volume for it.  After new recovery points are made for the desired retention range, then manually remove the data source from inactive protection to free up the disk space.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 10, 2014 6:04 AM