my laptop shutdowns automatically RRS feed

• Question

• my computer shuts down automatically when playing videos from the internet. can you help me resolve this problem?
    Friday, October 22, 2010 4:09 PM

Answers

• Please download Windows 7 compatible driver from the laptop manufacturer’s website and install it. What is the model of your computer? If there is any firmware updates for your hard drive or BIOS. Install any available firmware update.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:39 AM

All replies

• Look into the Eventlog. Which error entries do you see?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Friday, October 22, 2010 6:52 PM
  • Please download Windows 7 compatible driver from the laptop manufacturer’s website and install it. What is the model of your computer? If there is any firmware updates for your hard drive or BIOS. Install any available firmware update.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:39 AM
  • I have the same problem.  Checked the eror codes and see this one comming up alot.

DHCP Client- address configuration event

op code     ip address not assigned

any ideas what this could be

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:36 PM
  • Check to see if heat is the issue.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:22 PM
  • I have the same problem.  Checked the eror codes and see this one comming up alot.

DHCP Client- address configuration event

op code     ip address not assigned

any ideas what this could be

This is not related to the system crash issue. This is jsut a issue of the communication with DHCP server. It can be caused by several reasons. Sometimes it is temporary. If your network works properly, pelase just ignore it. 
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:17 AM