Unknown Error for Search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Some users who has Contribute access to the site on MOSS 2007 environment are getting "Unknown Error" when they are trying to search on the site.

Can anyone tell me what would be the reason for the same?????

I have checked with one Test user, but it is working fine for me.... but some users are facing problem in this.

Please guide me....

Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become.
    Monday, November 21, 2011 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Shailu123,

Please check whether the user who cannot search and the user can search have the same url address when accessing the site, and try to go to Central Administration->Operations->Global Configuration->alternate access mappings, add the website via the Add internal URLS button and set it to Internet.

If it isn’t the issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Shailu123,

Please check whether the user who cannot search and the user can search have the same url address when accessing the site, and try to go to Central Administration->Operations->Global Configuration->alternate access mappings, add the website via the Add internal URLS button and set it to Internet.

If it isn’t the issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

Check the AAM settings and URL.

Other than this enable stack trace from your web config file and check the detail message and not only "Unknown Error".

This will give you idea that exactly what has gone wrong.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, November 25, 2011 5:27 AM