Configuring an attended answer station RRS feed

• Question

• Help! My question seems so simple. How do I configure lync to use an attended answer station. I want a human to answer the phones during the day and the auto attendant to answer after hours. How can I configure that?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:35 PM

Answers

• First, you need to have an Lync Environment with Exchange UM enabled. It's nessasary for the voicemail box.

You can configure the User's Outlook with the working hours, and enable his voice mail box.

Another solution is to use the Lync Response Group Service. There you can build your own Workflows, Business Hours, Holidays and so on.

Falk

• Proposed as answer by Falk_Hennings Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, November 11, 2011 5:32 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:03 PM
  • Hi,Tim,

You can create a Response Group Agent  group and enable the operator as an agent to answer the calls,and you can define your business hours and holidays in the workflow.Details you can check: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398584.aspx

Regards,

Sharon

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:55 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:23 AM

All replies

• First, you need to have an Lync Environment with Exchange UM enabled. It's nessasary for the voicemail box.

You can configure the User's Outlook with the working hours, and enable his voice mail box.

Another solution is to use the Lync Response Group Service. There you can build your own Workflows, Business Hours, Holidays and so on.

Falk

• Proposed as answer by Falk_Hennings Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:03 PM
  • as Falk noted you will need to configure a Exchange UM Auto Attendant.

In exchange 2010 UM you will setup Times (day/night schedule) as well.

How to integrate Exchange UM to Lync:
    http://blog.schertz.name/2010/11/lync-and-exchange-um-integration/

How to setup an Exchange UM Autoattendant:
    http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/managing-unified-messaging-auto-attendant-part1.html

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:05 AM
  • Matt,

I've got the autoattendant working. I've entered the day/night hours. What I need is how do I get the daytime hours to ring on a phone so my receptionist can answer it. I do not want to use the auto attendant during business hours.

Hope you can help, thanks,

Tim

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

I don't think you can achive this by configuring a Day/Night hours in AA. what ever it is, it'll be the AA who's answing the incoming call and only the greeting will be different.

what you can do is that Configure inbound calls to land directly on the Operator and configure working hours in Outlook. then set the unanswered call forwarding settings to forward calls to AA pilot identifire and configure the AA for out of working hours only.

Thamara.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Hi,Tim,

You can create a Response Group Agent  group and enable the operator as an agent to answer the calls,and you can define your business hours and holidays in the workflow.Details you can check: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398584.aspx

Regards,

Sharon

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:55 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:23 AM
  • Tim,

yes, i'm wrong. it needs to be done by forwarding calls from lync or deskphone or using a rg. might seem like a lot for a simple need, but we've worked with PBXs that need the same done to achieve that.

nice thing about RG is others can be added in to help with calls.

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public
    Friday, November 4, 2011 5:47 AM