page does not open RRS feed

• Question

• when I open the research page for Scottrade instead of getting a page of information I get 1 line and up/down arrows on the right side of screen on top of each other.   you can click the arrows to move a line at a time.  Scottrade  told me it was a windows 8 problem.
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:39 PM

All replies

• can you please post a screenshot? I have no idea which issue you have.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:59 AM
    Answerer
  • instead of getting a page of information I get 1 line

Sounds like a problem with CSS.  You could disable that very easily in IE by using  View, Style, No Style  (Alt-V y N).

Another potential workaround would be to use a different User-Agent string.  E.g. you could use the Compatibility View button (torn page icon in the Address bar) if it is there.   Otherwise use the Developer Tools, Browser menu (F12, Alt-B) to try to force a different IE UAS.  Using the Developer Tools, Change User Agent String tool you could even try spoofing a different make of browser to see if that would change your symptom (hopefully for the better <w>).

Both workaround would only apply to IE in Desktop mode.   If you are using a modern UI fullscreen app (including IE) you will need to be more specific about your symptom description.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:36 AM