Help > Skype for Business Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running Skype for Business on our corporate network - we use both the Skype for Business 2016 Basic and Full clients.  Connecting to on premise front end servers/infrastructure.

Everything working fine, but for both clients - if any of users go to Help > Skype for Business Help from the menu - we get an error saying:

Help is only available online

You aren't connected to the Internet

Check your connection and try searching again

I had set a customized URL for all global csclientpolicy - to point towards an internal SharePoint site, but it's not getting this far to try and get out to the URL (I think).

Any ideas?

Thursday, October 20, 2016 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi MarkNLucas,

Welcome to post in our forum.

I did a test in my environment, the picture as below. It seems that this function required the internet.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, October 21, 2016 3:24 PM
    • Edited by Alice-Wang Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:20 AM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Works fine in Windows 7 on our corporate network.  It appears to be a problem with Windows 10 - probably because it is trying to use EDGE instead of IE11.
    • Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, October 21, 2016 3:24 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 2:38 PM
  • Hi MarkNLucas,

Thanks for your response.

I also use windows 7 test this issue, but it returns the error message above, I will troubleshooting my problem as soon as possible, and then update the information to you.

Now, for your issue on windows 10, I suggest you change the default Edge browser to IE11 and test if the issue persists.

For details, please refer to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17435/windows-internet-explorer-make-default-browser

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:20 AM